Wednesday 28 June 2017

RED VELVET MUG CAKE

red-velvet-mug-cake-nairobi-kitchen-recipe

It's Thursday! I don't know why I am excited about it but, let's face it, it's one day to Friday and then it will be one Day to the weekend. Well, looking forward to the weekend though I don't really have any plans, it's still early to dismiss so we'll see. So I woke up feeling like baking, just one of those things that I love to fill my free time with. And what have I been dreaming about all week? Red Velvet Cake! I've never really tried to bake one so I decided why not use the simplest method that I know, the Microwave Mug Cake. It's really simple and if it backfires, I can be the only one who is disappointed. I decided if this works out, then I will definitely try the Oven Baked Red Velvet Cake. And so it goes that my latest Mug Cake Obsession continues...This time we will indulge in the delicious, Classic and Moist Red Velvet Cake.Who doesn't love Red Velvet Cake? It is just the perfect treat for any occasion or just because you have a craving for something sweet and decadent. This recipe is so quick and easy since it's whipped up in a Mug and cooks in the Microwave in minutes! Trust me you will satisfy your craving for Red Velvet Cake. My Red Velvet Mug Cake is Egg-less so you can enjoy it whether you eat Eggs or not. This time I decided to Oil my Mug so that I can be able to remove the Cake from the Mug and serve it on a Plate. Check out my two other Mug Cakes! Read about my Chocolate Mug Cake and Carrot Cake Mug Cake.

Ingredients

red-velvet-mug-cake-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-ingredients

-3 Tablespoon Milk
-1/2 Teaspoon White Vinegar
-4 Tablespoon All Purpose Flour
-2 Tablespoon Sugar
-1 Teaspoon Cocoa Powder
-1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
-Pinch Salt
-1 1/2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
-5 Drops Red Food Coloring

Method

In a Mug/Glass whisk together the Milk and Vinegar and set aside

red-velvet-mug-cake-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-whisk-milk-and-vinegar-set-aside

-Add Sugar to another Bowl with the All Purpose Flour, Pinch Salt and Baking Powder

red-velvet-mug-cake-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-add-flour-salt-baking-powder

-Add Cocoa Powder to the mixture

red-velvet-mug-cake-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-add-cocoa-powder

-Whisk the dry Ingredients (All Purpose Flour, Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder and Salt until completely mixed together. Pour Milk into the dry ingredients

red-velvet-mug-cake-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-pour-milk-into-dry-ingredients

-Add the Vegetable Oil to the mixture

red-velvet-mug-cake-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-pour-vegetable-oil-in-mixture

-Mix the Dry ingredients (All Purpose Flour, Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder and Salt) to the wet mixture (Milk and Vinegar)

red-velvet-mug-cake-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-pour-milk-vinegar-mixture-into-dry-ingredients

-Add the Five Drops of the Red Food Coloring and whisk the mixture well

red-velvet-mug-cake-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-add-red-food-coloring-into-mixture

-Whisk the Mixture, and keep adding a few drops of milk at a time in case the batter is too stiff, until you get this kind of consistency

red-velvet-mug-cake-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-whisk-ingredients-to-get-smooth-batter

-Pour your Red Velvet Batter into the Mug that you will use to bake the Cake in the Microwave

red-velvet-mug-cake-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-pour-batter-into-microwave-safe-mug-bowl

-Cook in the Microwave on High for 1 minute 10 seconds. Make sure you follow the timing since if you overcook the Cake in the Microwave, it will become rubbery. This is how my Red Velvet Mug Cake turned out

red-velvet-mug-cake-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-cook-for-two-minutes-in-microwave


-I oiled my Mug so that I can be able to remove it and place it on a plate. It cooked through. The Cake will Cook and become Moist yet crumbly. Serve immediately as a Snack or with a Drink of your choice

red-velvet-mug-cake-nairobi-kitchen-recipe-cook-mug-cake-serve-immediately
print recipe

ONE-MUG RED VELVET CAKE
Ingredients
  • 3 Tablespoons Milk
  • 1/2 Teaspoon White Vinegar
  • 4 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 1 Teaspoon Cocoa Powder
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
  • Pinch Salt
  • 1 1/2 Tabllespoon Vegetable Oil
  • 5 Drops Red Food Coloring
Instructions
- In a Mug/Glass whisk together the Milk and Vinegar and set aside-Add Sugar to another Bowl with the All Purpose Flour, Pinch Salt and Baking Powder. Add Cocoa Powder-Whisk the dry Ingredients (All Purpose Flour, Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Baking Powder and Salt until completely mixed together-Pour Milk mixture and Vegetable Oil into the dry ingredients. Add the Red Food Coloring-Whisk the Mixture, and keep adding a few drops of milk at a time in case the batter is too stiff-Cook in the Microwave on High for 1 minute 10 seconds. -Serve immediately
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 1 Serving
© Nairobi Kitchen
Maira Gall